Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited is a leading professional services organisation in Vietnam providing Audit, Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing Services. The firm has more than 220 people in the country with offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh.
We look for people who understand business, people who will ask insightful questions and challenge thinking, and people who are approachable, proactive and seize opportunities as they arise. In short, people who can be as fast and agile as our clients are.
Overall role purpose: Working as part of the engagement team under the guidance and instruction of tax senior and managers.
Quality and Clients:
- Completes the tax returns including the preparation of work papers for the assigned engagements under the supervision and instruction of the seniors/managers.
- Research information as required by seniors/managers.
- Reports any potential ethical breaches to in-charge seniors, managers and partners, making suggestions of how to address them.
- Assists with all aspects of the tax project from start to finish.
- Communicates any technical or administrative issues with senior team members where appropriate
- Proactive in managing client expectations.
- Maintains a credible and professional relationship with colleague at all levels.
Operations and results:
- Ensures jobs are fully completed by agreed deadlines unless renegotiated with the senior/manager in advance.
- Agrees time for each assignment in advance and is able to evaluate time spent in this context.
- Exercises judgement as to whether tax work has been completed to an appropriate level.
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond own role.
- Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations.
- Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- University graduates or last year student;
- Fluency in English (speaking, listening, writing and reading);
- Computer literacy.
- Application and resume must be in English and a copy of your transcripts;
- Name your file with quoting reference (Application – Tax Associate (HCMC Office);
- The total document file size must not exceed 2MB;
- Deadline for submission is 30 September 2015;
- Your application to be sent to: email@example.com.
For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.