|Job title||Senior Associate|
|Line manager||Tax Managers|
|Department||Tax compliance – Outsourcing services|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh|
|Overall Role Purpose||
Reviewing tax reports prepared by Associates to ensure the accuracy of the reports before sending to Line managers for final review and releasing to clients.
Dealing with the competent authorities (Tax Department, Social Insurance Department, etc) on behalf of clients
· Builds an understanding of the engaged/ prospective clients for selling services to clients and seeks to participate in business development opportunity.
· Develops an internal network within the department and other service lines.
· Builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service.
· Provides general support to clients in the provision of tax advice.
· Regularly attends meetings; when appropriate, answering client queries. Takes minutes and proactively encourages the partner/manager to follow up on agreed actions.
· Provide general support to clients in the provision of tax advice.
· Prepare and/or Review tax returns including Personal Income Tax (PIT), Corporate Income Tax (CIT), Foreign Contractor Tax (FCT), Value Added Tax (VAT), etc in conjunction with agreed timescales;
· Can allocate job to Associates, coach and provide Associates with proper guidelines ;
· Supports managers on drafting the advice via email/ letter to response to clients’ queries on tax related issues and other matters;
· Can produce a well-supported piece of technical research.
· Assists with the production of tax reports and reviewing documents.
· Acts as one of contact points on specific projects/ clients under the Line managers’ appointment.
Client take-on / risk management
· Have an awareness of the firm’s risk management procedure and adheres to this.
· Mitigate risks by involvement of senior people and ensures appropriate advice is sought.
· Take steps to minimise professional risk, including the appropriate documentation of services provided.
· Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to undertake relevant area of work.
· Seek solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
· Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team’s performance and well -being.
· Input all assignment appraisals for junior staff, and also complete self-job appraisal forms on a timely basis.
Operations and results
· Monitorown schedule to meet internal deadlines set by Line managers.
· Be active in following up the pending issues of clients to ensure the client will not meet the statutory deadlines
Minimum of 2 years working experience
|as a Tax Consultant|
|Required competencies||Initiative; Adaptability; Ownership; Business insight; Critical thinking; Grows the business; Develops, Inspires and Influences; Result driven.|
|Grant Thornton (Vietnam) Limited|
|14th Floor | Pearl Plaza | 561A Dien Bien Phu Street | Binh Thanh District | Ho Chi Minh City | Vietnam|
|T (office) +84 8 3910 9100 | T (direct) +84 8 3910 9112| T (mobile) +84 909 409 813 | F +84 8 3910 9101|
|E email@example.com| W www.gt.com.vn|