Fulbright University Vietnam recruits “Tax Specialist”
Position Title: Tax Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance
Deadline: Open until filled
Date Posted: July 4, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of recruits: 1 (one)
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam, Vietnam’s first independent, non-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. We believe in the power of collaboration, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center. Globally integrated but deeply embedded in Vietnamese society, Fulbright is dedicated to providing a world-class education, utilizing the latest advancements in institutional design, teaching, learning, technology and other fields to create an institution that is both innovative and globally relevant. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
Our flagship campus will be located in Saigon Hi-Tech Park, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 9). Until phase 1 of campus construction is completed in Summer 2022, we are located at Crescent Plaza, Tan Phu, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 7).
We are seeking a Tax Specialist to join the Finance team at Fulbright University Vietnam. The position will report to the Director of Finance.
Scope of Work
The Tax Specialist will join us at this exciting stage to develop the university’s financial and accounting system, focusing on analyzing fiscal matters and preparing, submitting and managing tax payments and returns for the university.
The successful Tax Specialist is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the Vietnamese tax regulations, laws and acts that govern this process. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as the position has to ensure the university meets tight deadlines. Tax Specialist’s responsibilities also include organizing and maintaining records of tax payments.
Ultimately, the Tax Specialist should be able to recommend tax strategies that comply with laws and promote the university’s financial well-being.
Roles and Responsibilities
Tax Specialist’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organize and update the company’s tax database
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Identify and suggest ways for tax effectiveness
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Liaise with statutory and Uniform Guidance auditors
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explore new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; help others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent degree
- Proven work experience as a Tax Specialist, Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in both English (particularly reading and writing) and Vietnamese languages
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IFRS.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Efficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word, Presentation, Visio)
- Value and commit to integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong learning aptitude
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations is an advantage
What we offer
- A full network of supportive colleagues
- A dynamic, innovative and professional working environment
- English-speaking environment
- Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Opportunities to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other fun activities at Fulbright
- Opportunity to be one of passionate team members who share the same belief in the transformative power of education and see the unique opportunity in creating a new university.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. Applications must be received by July 22, 2019 for fullest consideration. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further process.