Fulbright University Vietnam recruits “Financial Specialist”
Position Title: Financial Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance
Deadline: Open until filled
Date Posted: December 2nd, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of recruits: 1 (one)
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam (“Fulbright”), Vietnam’s first independent, non-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. We believe in the power of collaboration, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center. Globally integrated but deeply embedded in Vietnamese society, Fulbright is dedicated to providing a world-class education, utilizing the latest advancements in institutional design, teaching, learning, technology and other fields to create an institution that is both innovative and globally relevant. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
Our flagship campus will be located in Saigon Hi-Tech Park, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 9). Until phase 1 of campus construction is completed in Summer 2022, we are located at Crescent Plaza, Tan Phu, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 7).
We are seeking a Financial Specialist to join the Finance team at Fulbright University Vietnam. The position will report to the Director of Finance.
Scope of Work
The Financial Specialist will be expected to support in management reporting matters for the institution. The successful Financial Specialist is expected to come equipped with great knowledge of finance. Ultimately, the incumbent will also be required to render support in other relevant activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The position’s duties and responsibilities include:
Budget planning and monitoring-related Activities:
- Communicate with all departments periodically to build up their budget
- Standardize the budget request template, set up cost drivers to navigate/monitor
their budget easily
- Assess the efficiency of departments’ budget planning and consult alternative
solutions to reduce costs
- Assist Budget Planning Analyst to map with super budget and priorities list to ensure the activity planning is in line with budget approved by top management
- Keep track of actual spending of each department and provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of team leaders/departments’ performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted data
- Work with Project Leaders to review/revise budget if any
- Set up basic budgeting, create budget register, budget monitoring on ERP system
- Set up appropriate classes for budget owner if any
- Assist for analyzing projects/programs to ensure the efficiency and performance of projects/programs as assigned (income-expenses analysis, break-even point, NPV…)
- Support for preparing and analyzing all management report matters for the institution
- Support for identifying and performing necessary changes to maintain proper financial stability and maximize resources
- Integrate departments’ planning into assumption to make a better cashflow forecast
- Assist for preparing periodically reports
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses as requested
- Contributing to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or other related programs
- Two or three years of experience working in the same position for a multinational organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in both English and Vietnamese languages
- Knowledge of finance and accounting, budget planning and monitoring
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications and Microsoft Office 365 and Excel
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to details under tight timelines
- Excellent organizational capability and time management skills, highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion, empathy, and cooperation
- Ability to engage complex, multiple perspectives, build consensus and to mediate different approaches and viewpoints; ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve professional development issues related to program management
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and resume to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further process.
Deadline: Dec 31, 2019